POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) : Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB)
From: Grassblade
Date: 11 Aug 2007 06:50:00
Message: <web.46bd944716060248364ceeb90@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I have returned to last year's 'Eavesdropping', with the new figures I have
> been working on for the last couple of months. This is a fast,
> non-radiosity, render.
>
> The title could now be: "Iskander learns something to his advantage".
>
> Besides Iskander, the other figures are the Rais Abdul ibn Abdullah (of
> course), and a newcomer: captain Adamastor. The place is the city of
> Gancaloon, gate to the world of dreams.
>
> Thomas

Oh, that's a very nice image! Congratulations!
I don't know if there's something wrong with my screen, but the shadow of
the column falling in the middle of the screen has strange fuzzy edges as
if it were painted with an irregural brush in a 2d program (which I don't
doubt for a second that it isn't ;-) ).
The ropes are great, and I can't imagine a pier without them, but the ropes
seemingly dangling from the columns strike me as peculiar.